Daily Quote: "I am too tired, even to be happy." --Gelindo Bordin, Italy, immediately after winning the Olympic Marathon in Seoul
I finally completed my Tempo Run that was originally scheduled for last Tuesday when I was too tired to accomplish that workout. Last year if my schedule said I had a Tempo Run, I would complete it no matter the circumstances, whether I was sore, tired, or what. Now, I'm listening more to my body, if it's too tired or sore, I'll cut back or do a recovery day.
Today is a Tempo Run.
8 miles. Time, 1:04. Average Pace, 8:00 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% elevation. Warm up: 1 mile @ 6.6 mph (9:06 minute mile). Tempo: 6 miles @ 7.7 mph (7:48 minute miles) Cool down: 1 mile @ 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 159 bpm. Cardiac drift: 166 bpm. The exact same tempo workout as last week, but this week my heart rate is slightly elevated by two beats...not that much heart elevation to be concerned about as I'm still in my "zone." Next week, my plan is to increase my Tempo Run to 7.8 mph, if my body complains too strongly, I'll return to 7.7 mph.
My wife, Suzie, had joined "Curves" gym three weeks ago along with a friend from work. Suzie hasn't missed a workout, while her friend only showed up twice. She had so much more energy when she helped with moving Grandma Cady...the last time we helped Grandma, Suzie was totally zapped out, BIG IMPROVEMENT! I'm so proud of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment