Saturday, May 26, 2007

SUMMARY: WEEK 21

Daily Quote: "I definitely want to show how beautiful the marathon can be. I am the opponent of all those who find the marathon bad: the psychologists, the physiologists, the doubters. I make the marathon beautiful for myself and for others. That's why I'm here." --Uta Pippig

Today is a Rest Day as I'm recovering from this morning of moving Grandma Cady to her new home. I cancelled my "Come Run in the Sun 10k" race this morning as to arrive at Glenn and Mary's home by 8:00 a.m. as to start loading, moving, and unloading before Las Vegas became too hot. I'm glad I helped as we were able to get everything into her new home by 11:00 a.m.! Moving is an exercise program in itself!!

Although my Spring racing season is now over and won't be able to beat my 10k personal best until next Fall, I did accomplish much this Spring! I was able to set a personal best in the 5k TWICE and beat my personal best in the half marathon too. Overall, I'm pleased with my growth and hope to rebuild this Summer for a very fruitful Fall season.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF MAY 20-26, 2007

I ran only six days this week as I helped Grandma Cady move to her new home today. Nevertheless, I was able to run a total of 51 miles last week. This is officially the end of my Spring racing season and next week will start building a large aerobic base during the Summer months. My goal is build up my mileage to 80-85 mpw. Also, I wish to lose weight during the base building phase, my goal is to be a strong, lean 165 pounds (last Las Vegas Marathon I was 168 pounds).

Last week I was able to lose another pound, even though I was eating like their was no tomorrow, I'm now 175 pounds on a six foot frame.

I have maintained my upper body weight lifting last week and also added lower body weights during the last part of the week. I'll be doing whole body circuit training this coming week. I'm happy to say that I feel so much better after lifting weights and I'm already starting to see results...I'll undoubtedly will continue lifting weights for the rest of my life!

Sleep, glorious sleep....It's been tough as I had a busy schedule, but with the exception of Friday night (only slept four hours as to awake early to move Grandma Cady Saturday morning) I've been able to sleep 7-8 hours per night. My mornings heart rate has been stable, 41-44 bpm.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Hilly General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Monday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Tuesday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: Tempo Run, 8 miles.
Friday: Long Run, 12 miles.
Saturday: REST DAY
Total mileage: 51 miles.

2 comments:

Robert said...

You were only able to run six days? Maybe you could convince the government to add a day to the normal week so this doesn't happen again. :P

robison52 said...

Howdy Robert! Saying "I only ran six days" does sound like I'm showing off doesn't it? Nevertheless, I normally do run seven days a week, usually for weeks at a time. I manage to run so much as my recovery runs are done VERY easily at 65% of my maximum heart rate.