Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Much Needed Recovery Run


Daily Quote: "If you feel like eating, eat. Let your body tell you what it wants." -- Joan Benoit Samuelson


Today is a much needed Recovery Run since yesterday I had vigorous hill repeats. As usual after a doing hills, my left ankle is a tad sore, but it's doing fine.

6 miles. Time, 55 minutes. Pace, 9:10 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines route, that partly converses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. Average heart rate: 144 bpm, Cardiac drift: 148 bpm. HOT! Sunny, 84 degrees, Wind: SW @ 7 mph. Thankfully I did carry a little water today, which was much needed. Won't be long before I'm stuck on the treadmill.
My next 10k race, "Come Run in the Sun" is approaching quickly, I may have a very short taper for this race as I'm just coming off my half marathon taper. Besides, this race will be an easy personal best as I haven't ran a 10k race since 2004 and have improved much since then. I'm not quite sure what my planned pace will be as it is a tough course out & back course with one long steep hill, followed by a free fall downhill. Also, the end of May can be very warm even in the early morning hours.




No comments: