Daily Quote: "Finland has produced so many brilliant distance runners because back home it costs $2.50 a gallon for gas." ~Esa Tikkannen, 1979
After work I went immediately to the gym and arrived at 2:15 a.m. Warmed up on the stationary bike for 10 minutes, then did upper body weights, 2 sets with 10 reps until failure. I'm still very tired after work, especially this early morning as the cab business was very busy with loads of traffic on the Strip, even the typical back routes were logged jammed! I went home and did my usual e-mail responses and forum posts and went immediately to bed, I had cravings for something salty and crunchy, but I conquered the urge and stayed in bed.
I'm still in recovery from the Salt Lake City Half Marathon, Sunday will be my last recovery run and I'll be back to adding mileage and speed for next week.
6 miles. Time, 57 minutes. Pace, 9:30 minute miles. Out and back on Alta Route. Partly Cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind SW at 11 mph. No heart rate monitor today. Felt very strong and light on my feet, no aches nor pain, looking forward to returning to serious training again.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF APRIL 29 - MAY 5, 2007
Last week was my final week of recovery from the "Salt Lake City Half Marathon" and will be starting my training for the upcoming "Come Run in the Sun 10k Race!" My total recovery miles last week was 42 miles and returned to a seven day training week.
This week I've added another set to my weight training, I'm now doing 2 sets with 10 reps to failure of upper body work every other day. Once my race season ends after the "Come Run in the Sun 10k Race" I'll start lifting weights for the lower body. My weight training is slow and steady, but my body is already showing some upper muscle definition.
I'm now 178 pounds on a 6 foot frame, but I expected some weight gain due to lower mileage and also adding heavier muscles from weight lifting. I trust eventually I'll start getting leaner and losing weight.
My sleeping patterns have been a little erratic due to my working out immediately after work, and my morning heart rates have been all over the place...between 40 bpm and 52 bpm. Once my body has adjusted to a split exercise routine of weights in the early morning hours and running after I awake in the later morning hours, I hope to return to better sleeping patterns.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Monday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Total Miles: 42 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment