Sunday, May 27, 2007

Base Building

Daily Quote: "I felt like I played in a very rough football game with no hitting above the waist." --Alan Page, former Nfl football star

Today is the official start of my Base Building Season. My goal this Summer is to build up my mileage to 80-85 miles per week (last year I was able to achieve 75-80 miles per week during the Summer months). I'll also incorporate tempo runs as well as fartleks into my base building. This base will be my foundation for the upcoming marathon training in the Fall.

Today is a Medium Long Run.
11 miles. Time, 1:40. Pace, 9:06 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 6.6 mph with elevation ranges of 1.0 - 2.2 grades as to simulate running on the roads. Average heart rate: 156 bpm. Cardiac Drift, 165 bpm. Tough run! I probably ran this run a little too fast, but it's the same speed I trained last year for this distance. Undoubtedly I've lost some fitness since last year's base building.

No comments: