Daily Quote: ""Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself, and be humble."-- John Treacy's four principles of training prior to Los Angeles 84
Today was my first speed work since the half-marathon, Intervals!
6 miles. Time, :52 minutes. Overall pace, 9 minute miles. 24 Hour Fitness Club, Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% grade. Warm up: 1 mile @ 6.0 mph. Intervals: 5 x 1/2 mile @ 8.6 mph. (6.59 minute miles). Rest Intervals, 1/4 miles @ 6.0 mph. Cool down: 1.5 miles @ 6.0 mph. Cardiac drift: 186 bpm! (my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm). A tough and hard run!! Had to fight negative thoughts of stopping during that fifth interval as I felt like collapsing, but hung on to finish it. No aches nor pain afterwards.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF MAY 6-12, 2007
Last week was my first week of training for the upcoming "Come Run in the Sun 10k Race." I continued to run seven days a week, which resulted in 48 miles last week.
I'm still weightlifting religiously every other day. My focus has been the upper body as my lower body is in training. After the 10k race I'll start working out the whole body.
I'm still 178 pounds on a six foot frame, I didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain any weight either! As I start adding more weekly miles my extra weight should melt off.
My sleeping patterns have improved and have been getting at least eight hours of sleep. My morning heart rates have been stable, between 40-43 bpm. My body has been adjusting well to split workouts (weight training in the early morning before I sleep, and running when I awake.) and will continue the daily routine.
A short recap of last weeks' mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Monday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Tuesday: Hill Repeats, 6 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Saturday: Speed Work, Intervals, 6 miles.
Total Miles: 48 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow Cabby! Looks like everything is going good for you. The same thing happened to me where my pants got loose before I noticed a change on the scale. Keep at it. The way you run every single day, you may not notice a huge gain in size, but you'll be as strong as an ox! Keep at the weights!
Thanks Robert! As long as my pants are looser, I'm not going to panic over the weight scale...the scale isn't a true measurement of my progress at this point anyway. I will get lighter eventually due to Summer's base building of longer, but slower miles.
Post a Comment