Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Sore Shoulders

Daily Quote: "The will to win means nothing if you haven't the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner

This morning I have sore shoulders, undoubtedly DOMS from my weight training yesterday. I did notice that the shoulder press is my toughest exercise, although my shoulders are sore I'll maintain the same weight tomorrow. I'm tempted to use ibruprofen (some runners call it "Vitamin I"), but I've been taking aspirin daily for my heart and have read in the past that ibruprofen combined with aspirin isn't good. Oh well, the pain isn't that bad, I'll just suffer through it.

Today is another Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 57 minutes. Pace, 9:30 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Route. Sunny, very warm, 79 degrees, Wind SW @ 4 mph. No heart rate monitor today. Awoke early enough as to run outdoors, if I don't run immediately then the weather becomes too hot. My camelbak has been very handy this week!

No comments: