Monday, May 21, 2007

No Race this Saturday

Daily Quote: "To describe the agony of a marathon to someone who's never run it is like trying to explain color to someone who was born blind." --Jerome Drayton

Glenn and Mary Ely today had sent me an e-mail requesting my help in moving Grandma Cady to her new apartment on Saturday at 8:00 a.m., which is the same morning as my "Come Run in the Sun 10k Race." How can I say no??? Glenn and Mary have been two of my biggest running supporters and cheerleaders...both have cheered me on the sidelines of the last THREE "Las Vegas Marathons!" I'll be there helping them with bells on, I can always run another race soon. I'll need to do research on what's available next month in Las Vegas.

Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 1:00. Pace, 10 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm. Elevation: 3.3 - 1.1 grades. Average heart rate: 144 bpm (natch). No aches nor pain from yesterday vigorous 10 mile run through the St. George ridges, bluffs and canyon.

Since I'm not running a race next weekend I'm seriously considering on starting weight lifting my lower body this week, unless I can find another race soon before it starts getting really hot in Las Vegas.

1 comment:

Allen said...

You made the right decision. Enjoy helping out on Saturday,