Daily Quote: "The marathon can humble you." --Bill Rodgers
Where did everybody go? Memorial Day the Strip was crowded with traffic and cab business was brisk...but, yesterday you could roll a bowling ball down the strip and not hit any cars! Since cab business was very slow, I spent my time at the cabbies holding area in the airport walking laps, I walked for an accumulated time of 95 minutes in 99 degree heat AND still managed to catch a few cat naps later that night.
I finally did weight lifting circuit training after work this early morning! Nice feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. Rather than do weights every other day, might be better to have a permanent schedule like doing circuit training every Monday, Wednesday and Friday leaving the weekends free for my wife.
Went to bed and awoke seven hours later with a morning pulse of 47 bpm, which is an improvement from yesterday. Nevertheless, would be prudent if I do a Recovery Run instead of a Tempo Run today as to assure I'm well rested. Depending how my body feels, I'll attempt a Tempo Run tomorrow.
Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 1:00. Pace, 10 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill on the cardio training mode setting where the elevation automatically changes to keep my heart rate at a constant 144 bpm. Treadmill speed set at 6.0 mph. Elevation changes: 3.1 - 0.7 grades. A little improvement with the elevation grades from my last cardio workout. Once my top elevation drops to 2.0 grade I'll increase the speed to 6.1 mph.
I'm now leaving home as to get a much needed haircut before work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
New shoes, a new haircut and lots of sleep! You must feel like a new man! Can you post your weight workout? I'd be interested in seeing what you do.
Howdy Easy Runner, sure, I'll post my weight workout this coming Friday as to give you the up-to-date numbers. I've been improving by leaps and bounds every week! Of course, since I've NEVER done weight lifting before, the improvements seems dramatic for me.
Post a Comment