Friday, May 4, 2007

TGIF!!!

Daily Quote: “If you want to win anything- a race, yourself, your life- you have to go a little berserk” --Dr. Sheehan

Today is another Recovery Run, thankfully my half marathon recovery period ends Sunday!!!
6 miles. Time: 57 minutes. Pace, 9:30 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Route. Partly cloudy, 72 degrees, Wind west @ 8 mph. Average heart rate 146 bpm (64% of maximum heart rate). Tired, but feeling upbeat as today is FRIDAY!!!

I should have taken a nap before work, but didn't, played on the computer instead. Tonight is going to be a busy worknight for cab driver due to the influx of tourists for the Oscar De La Hoya vs Floyd Merriwether Jr. fight, gamblers for the Kentucky Derby, AND the Mexicans for Cinco de Mayo. I'm going to be one tired puppy! I'll be doing a weight training workout after work (around 2:00 a.m.) and then must get up at 6:00 a.m. as our cat, Smokey, has an appointment to get shaved so he's ready for Summer.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Running all summer on a treadmill, and shaving your cat at 6am. The things you do to live in the city of lights! :P

Oscar said in an interview that he has never missed a single day in the gym since he was nine years old, sick or not. It's kind of sad, but his dad made sure of it.

Hey, I once heard that Vegas is the pedestrian-hit-by-car capitol of the world. Have you heard that? Makes sense, tons of drunks wandering up and down a busy strip with tons of drunk drivers. (Wow, I hope you haven't ever hit either one).

robison52 said...

Pedestrian fatalities are very high in Las Vegas, but has improved since several major intersections now have skywalks. I've never hit a jay walker yet, but sometimes I'm tempted to graze one!