Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Hill Repeats

Daily Quote: ""Top results are reached only through pain. But eventually you like this pain. You'll find the more difficulties you have on the way, the more you will enjoy your success." -- Juha the Curel Vaatainen

Since the race "Come Run in the Sun 10k" has a huge uphill I've decided it's about time to do some hill repeats on the trusty dreadmill.
Total mileage, 6 miles. Warmup: 1 mile @ 6.6 mph. Hill Intervals: 4 x 1/2 mile at 4% grade, 6.6 mph. Recovery Intervals, 1/2 mile at no grade @ 6.6 mph. Cool down, 1 mile @ 6.6 mph, no grade. Cardiac drift, 171 bpm. That fourth hill was painful, nevertheless, I know this work will be very helpful for my upcoming race.

I did weightlifting after work again...my body is adjusting well to working out after driving a cab for 12 hours...in fact, I'm even looking forward to the workout! I accomplished 2 sets, 10 reps of upper body weightlifting. The shoulder press is still my most difficult lift, but I am showing improvement and will raise the weights by five pounds next workout.

No comments: