Friday, May 25, 2007

Twelve Miler

Daily Quote: "We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon." Emil Zatopek

This early morning after work (2:15 a.m.) I went to the gym and did 10 minutes of warming up on the stationary bike and then did 2 sets of upper body weights, 10 repetitions. I also did lower body weights, but only 1 set with 10 repetitions with very light weights as I'm still adjusting to doing lower body weights.

Normally the day after a hard session like yesterday I would have a short recovery run, BUT tomorrow I'll be moving Grandma Cady to her new apartment and might not be able to run...therefore my decision to run long today.

Today is a Long Run.
12 miles. Time, 1:49. Pace, 9:06 minute miles. Life Fitness treadmill set at 6.6 mph with a variety of elevations from 1.0 - 2.0 grades. Different grades as to simulate running outdoors and so my ankles won't get too sore from the exact same repetitions. Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac drift, 154 bpm. I'm still sore from yesterday's tempo run, which made today's long run very challenging, but thankfully I did o.k.

The twelve miles today is my longest run since the "Salt Lake City Half Marathon!" I'm progressing well. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to squeeze in a Recovery Run tomorrow after moving Grandma Cady. Actually I wouldn't mind taking a complete rest from running tomorrow as I had a pretty strong week!

No comments: