Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nudging Along

Daily Quote: “There are those of us who are always about to live. We are waiting until things change, until there is more time, until we are less tired, until we get a promotion, until we settle down / until, until, until. It always seems as if there is some major event that must occur in our lives before we begin living.” --George Sheehan

Awoke at 10:00 a.m. and the temperature in Las Vegas was already 92 degrees farenheit, therefore decided a General Aerobic Run on the dreadmill.
9 miles. Time 1:21. Pace, 9:00 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% Grade and 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac drift: 146 bpm. This is my longest run since the Salt Lake City Half Marathon and also the longest treadmill run since last year! I should slowly nudge upwards my treadmill miles, but I didn't have any ill effects from the run this morning. Next week I'll nudge up the treadmill to 10 miles.

Since I've been doing weight lifting every other early morning, I wonder if I could manage doing running doubles on the alternate early mornings? Something I should consider this coming summer when I strive to increase my mileage higher than last year's mileage. I'm aiming for 80-85 miles per week during my summer's base building, my heart is willing, but is my body?

No comments: