Today's Quote: "I prefer to remain in blissful ignorance of the opposition. That way I'm not frightened by anyone's reputation." --Ian Thompson, who ran a 2:09.12 marathon at the 1974 Commonwealth Games
Today I experimented with Life Fitness Treadmill's cardio training setting; I hit the cardio button and it'll ask my age (I have to state I'm 40 years old as my maximum heart rate is 190 bpm, which is high for my age of 55 years old), than asks what speed, (Today I requested 6.0 mph as to stay below 145 bpm)...then the belts starts moving. The incline will rise to meet the heart rate setting, therefore, if I set the speed too high, the treadmill will state I need to lower the speed as not to go over my heart rate limit.
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
9 miles. Time, 90 minutes. Pace, 10 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at Cardio Training. All at 6.0 mph, the treadmill started at a incline of 2.8% and by the end of my run the elevation dropped to 1.2%. My average heart rate was 144 bpm, and with only a one degree cardiac drift of 145 bpm. The Cardio Training setting was a nice experiment, which I'll add to my weekly routine! The grade constantly changing to meet my cardio limit felt similar to running on the roads too. If I had ran on the actual roads when I awoke, the temperature would be 97 degrees, I am now stuck on the treadmill for the duration of the Summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am now stuck on the treadmill for the duration of the Summer.
Good luck with that. How do you do it? *shaking head*
Nice to see the weight trainig is coming along well. Keep it up.
Howdy Robert! I've ran on the treadmill for the last few Summers, it does get boring, but I'm rather used to it now.
I'm pretty happy with my consistency with weight lifting, another month and weights after work will be a permanent habit!
Post a Comment