Daily Quote: "I'm never going to run this again." --Grete Waitz after winning her first of nine New York City marathons
This early morning after work I was suppose to arrive at my gym and do full body circuit training, BUT, I was just too tired of working in the heat and driving the Strip, which had tremendous traffic. All I wanted to do was go home and collapse in bed...and that's what I did!
Now, when I awoke this morning after sleeping seven hours and my pulse rate was a high 51 bpm (normal for me is 40-42 bpm), but I felt guilty that I didn't complete my weight lifting goals and made a resolution to do better. I made myself breakfast, did a few chores, and then what did I do? Yup, I went back to bed and collapsed again for an hour nap. I awoke and rushed to the gym. My schedule calls for a tempo run, but decided against it as my body was obviously tired, therefore an easier General Aerobic Run instead.
Today was a General Aerobic Run.
8 miles. Time, 1:12. Pace, 9:06 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 6.6 mph with a 1% grade. Average heart rate: 152 bpm (77% of MHR). Cardiac drift 161 bpm (83% of MHR). Heart rate during run was too high for a General Aerobic Run, which may show I'm overtrained, not enough sleep, or too exhausted from work.
After work I WILL do weight lifting, but tomorrow I haven't decided to do that Tempo Run, it all depends on how my body feels....I may opt for a Recovery Run instead.
I now must get ready for work, not enough time for a shower, hence a "French shower" (liberal use of cologne). Thank goodness for Lean Pockets, which only takes two minutes to nuke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well, Bruce, you did the right thing by going to bed. When you're body is tired, listen to it :) That's what I'm doing this week. I did a short run this morning, slow, and then I've been napping most of the day. Maybe we should call ourselves the two sleep-a-teers :)
Maybe moving Grandma Cady last weekend was much more strenuous than I thought?!? I'll probably will run a Recovery Run on Wednesday as a precaution. Your fellow Napster, Bruce
Sleeping is good for recovery and helping your body heal. I sure you'll feel better because of it. Also your body will respond better to your weight lifting when you are rested.
Thanks Easy Runner, I'll strive to get more sleep, but it's easier said than done!
Post a Comment