Daily Quote: "There is the truth about the marathon and very few of you have written the truth. Even if I explain to you, you'll never understand it, you're outside of it." --Douglas Wakiihuri speaking to journalists
Today is a Tempo Run.
8 miles. Time, 1:04. Average Pace, 8:00 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% elevation. Warm up: 1 mile @ 6.6 mph (9:06 minute mile). Tempo: 6 miles @ 7.7 mph (7:48 minute miles)!! Cool down: 1 mile @ 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 157 bpm. Cardiac drift: 164 bpm!!
Those easy recovery runs on the treadmill's cardio mode has given me ample energy to have stronger hard runs. I'm quite pleased with myself as I didn't realize I was so strong and fast at this point in my training. Gosh, what could I have done in the canceled "Come Run in the Sun 10k" race???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! that's a nice pace. I am still amazed that you do 8.8 miles on a tread mill! :) I think I'd be mind numb.
Good job!
My body can adjust to almost anything if I keep in mind, baby steps-baby steps. Took me years for my body AND mind to adapt to long treadmill training.
Post a Comment