Daily Quote: "I was unable to walk for a whole week after that, so much did the race take out of me. But it was the most pleasant exhaustion I have ever known. " --Emil Zatopek
Today is my last recovery day from the Salt Lake City Half Marathon!! Plus, today is my last day of the bowling league until August!!! I can now place more emphasis on my training for the upcoming "Come Run in the Sun 10k Race."
I didn't separate weight lifting and running today, I decided to do my recovery run immediately after my weight training. I was pretty tired from the weight training, the easy six miles was a struggle.
6 miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% Grade. The speed setting was a constant 6.6 mph. I didn't wear any heart rate monitor as I didn't want to compete against myself. Like Zatopek, felt a pleasant exhaustion!
"Runner's World Magazine" has an interesting article concerning music devices, I've been considering updating my listening pleasure as I still own a cheap FM radio from Walgreens...an IPOD would come in handy for the upcoming summer months on a dreadmill!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hello Bruce, It's still too hot at night to run then either? Or is it the fact you work the cool hours? There's no indoor track? The dreadmill 7 days/wk sounds so boring, I would want to investigate any alternative. You are such a diehard!
Howdy Robert! I don't arrive home until the early morning hours (2:00 a.m.) and usually too exhausted after working a 12 hour shift driving a cab to run very many miles. Besides, in the months of June and July the night's temperatures are usually 90-100 degrees anyway.
Since I arrive home so late, I normally don't awake until 10:00 a.m. and the temperatures would already be getting hot (over 90 degrees)
The only indoor track in Las Vegas is at UNLV and you have to be a member of their track team to use it.
Running on the dreadmill 7 days a week is indeed boring, but I've ran several past summers on the gym's treadmills and will adjust to the misery again. I am not so much of a diehard as I am stubborn.
Post a Comment