Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Two Easy Days in a Row!

Daily Quote: "Find your own line between enough and to much running, and stay just a little on the low side of it. That's the basic rule in all training. 'The harder you work, the better you'll be' and 'It has to hurt to do any good' are myths." --Runner's World Training Diary

Today is a easy Recovery Run, which makes for two easy days in a row, which is rather unusual for me, but I'm striving to recover from overtraining.

Recovery Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:03. Overall Pace, 9:00 minute miles. Out and back on Westwind Road. 10:30 a.m. 71 degrees, Sunny skies with 5 mph wind. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Average heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac drift, 151 bpm. My body feels very good, no aches nor pain AND I felt eager getting out the front door again!!

Tomorrow I won't attempt my planned 22-miler, but will run a shorter 17-miler instead. Thursday I'll start tapering for Saturday's 10k Tune-up Race, "The 27th Annual Turkey Trot."

No comments: