Friday, November 9, 2007

Cautious Tempo Run

Daily Quote: "Bill Bowerman was, and is, and ever shall be a generous, ornery, profane, beatific, unyielding, antic, impenetrably complex Oregon original. As a freshman, I found him deeply disturbing. Once he bet me a case of Nutrament that I couldn't break 2.00 for the 880 on a freezing Saturday morning. I ran with control, hitting the 440 in 60. I could feel myself accelerating in the last lap. Near the finish I knew I'd done it. I slowed and turned, gasping to hear the time. "2.00,3" he said. "Good try." I leaped on him, screaming made insane with outrage. He allowed me to wrestle the watch away from him. It read 1.56,6." --Kenny Moore

No weight circuit training today, I was too tired and opted to return home and sleep instead. I feel a little guilty about skipping my strength workout, which is pretty silly, if I need the rest I shouldn't feel guilty.

Today is a Medium-Long Run + Marathon Pace Miles.
12 miles. Time, 1:42 . Overall Pace, 8:30. Life Fitness Treadmill. Warm up: 2 miles @ 6.3 mph & 1% grade. Tempo: 8 miles @ 7.5 mph (marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles.) & 2% grade. Cool down: 2 miles @ 6.3 mph & 1% grade. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac drift: 169 bpm. I was very cautious during my Tempo Run, if my left ankle showed any additional strain I planned to shut down the workout. Fortunately, after my two mile warmup my left ankle felt fine and proceeded to have a very productive workout. I'll continue to keep a close eye on my ankle and use RICE treatments.

No comments: