Daily Quote: "To a runner, a side stich is like a car alarm. It signifies something is wrong, but you ignore it until it goes away." --Author Unknown
Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 58 minutes. Overall pace, 9:40 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Road. Average heart rate: 140 bpm. Cardiac drift: 146 bpm. Very slow and easy as yesterday was a 10k race. My body is a little sore, most noticeable are my hips, left ankle, and strangely...my right wrist!?! This is the first day of my two week marathon taper and I'm looking forward to the less stressful training.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF NOVEMBER 11-17, 2007
Only two more weeks until the "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon!" My intention last week was to make one last charge for a hard week before my taper...but, my body was giving me signals that I've become overtrained and decided to make last week a marathon taper week as well as a taper for the "27th Annual Turkey Trot 10k Race," which I took second place in my age group with a personal record of 46:46!! Last week ran six days with a total mileage of 53.2 miles...quite a difference from the previous week's 96 miler!! Let the marathon tapering begin!
I'm currently 169 pounds on a six foot frame and have gained one pound since last week...and one pound heavier than my marathon race weight of last year. Must control my calories during the next two weeks of tapering!
I did accomplish three sessions of weight circuit training, cutting mileage does wonder for my weight training time! I should manage to lift weights three times next week too.
My morning heart rates have been low, 39-42 bpm, but my sleeping patterns have been hit and miss. The night before the 10k race only managed two hours of sleep as I had to work 12-hours. Wednesday awoke earlier to accomplish Long Run, but only slept 6 hours. The rest of the week I did sleep 7-8 hours with several naps after runs as well. Next week I'll have plenty of time to sleep and nap as my mileage will be reduced due to tapering for marathon.
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Monday: Rest Day.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Long Run, 17 miles.
Thursday: Taper Run, 7 miles.
Friday: Taper Run, 6 miles.
Saturday: 10k Race, 6.2 miles.
Total weekly miles: 53.2 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment