Daily Quote: "Some people don't have the guts for distance racing. The polite term for them is sprinters." --anonymous
Today I purchased a Garmin Forerunner 305! I visited the Sport Chalet and they only had a display model, but the store manager let me have the model for a steal...$199.00!! It's in the charger now, and should be able to use it for tomorrow's Long Run.
Today is "Doubles" when I run twice in one day.
Early AM. After work and before bedtime: Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:06. Overall Pace, 9:25 minute miles. 2:15 a.m. Out and back to Smoke Ranch. Calm night, 58 degrees with 7 mph wind. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Average heart rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac drift. 150 bpm. Normally I would run 6 miles after work, but was enjoying my run so much that I stretched the distance to 7 miles.
Later AM. After sleeping eight hours. Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:08. Overall Pace, 9:42 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines (partly traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon route.) 11:30 a.m. 64 degrees, Sunny skies with 8 mph wind. Average heart rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac drift, 149 bpm. I skipped my usual nap and went shopping, finally found a Garmin 305...it feels like Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment