Sunday, November 11, 2007

Only One More Tough Week!

Daily Quote: "There is no time to think about how much I hurt; there is only time to run." --Ben Logsdon

This morning I'm feeling a little better, my left shoulder is still aching slightly from lifting luggage last Friday, my left ankle hasn't been nagging me like yesterday, but have a new rash on my lower back due from a polyester wash tag from my running shorts (I cut the tag off this afternoon). Also, I've been having problems with procrastinating getting out that front door; I'm having a lingering fatigue that lasts all day. It helps to remind myself that I only have one more tough. high mileage week before my two week taper; must take it one day at a time. My morning heart rate today is still relatively low, 42 bpm, therefore I don't think I'm suffering from overtraining, and I'm getting enough sleep, just tired from high mileage training.

Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:29. Overall Pace, 8:54 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 10:00 a.m., Sunny 63-66 degrees. Winds SW @ 5 mph. Average heart rate: 140 bpm. Cardiac Drift 156 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) Last two miles at marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles. Today I played a game with the city's CATA bus, I strive to keep up with the bus down Smoke Ranch Road...I was able to wave at the driver at three separate bus stops. The last stop the bus driver gave me a mock fierce look and sped away, wasn't able to catch him again. I wonder if the driver refused to let passengers off the next stop?!?

2 comments:

Allen said...

Oh oh, a lingering fatigue that lasts all day is a sign that you've over trained and need some extra rest. Don't try and run through it.

Allen said...

"I don't think I'm suffering from overtraining, and I'm getting enough sleep, just tired from high mileage training."

You have an oxymoron there. Being tired from high mileage is over training...