Saturday, November 10, 2007

SUMMARY, WEEK 45

Daily Quote: "Every athlete has doubts. Elite runners in particular are insecure people. You need someone to affirm that what you are doing is right." --Lynn Jennings

Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:31. Overall Pace, 9:06 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 9:30 a.m., Sunny 55-59 degrees. Winds SW @ 10 mph. Average heart rate: 145 bpm. Cardiac Drift 160 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) Last two miles at marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles. My left ankle feels fine today, the RICE treatments are paying off.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF NOVEMBER 4-10, 2007

THREE more weeks until the "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon!" Last week was the first week of a 4-week training block (This cycle will increase my mileage the first two weeks and use the following two weeks for marathon taper). I've set a new personal weekly high of 96 miles!! I would love to reach 100 miles in weekly training, but should wait until next year to reach that milestone; my body is pretty sore, particularly my left ankle, and may repeat or even reduce next week's mileage...for the moment I'll be deciding day-to-day how much additional training I can handle without breaking down.

I'm currently 168 pounds on a six foot frame, which is the same weight as last week...I'm rather surprised as I've been eating constantly and thought I would actually be gaining weight. The high mileage must be keeping my metabolism up and the body weight stable, nevertheless, I should strive to lose more weight before the marathon.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but only did one weight circuit training last week, just not enough time in the day to do all the additional crosstraining exercises and still increase mileage. I'll strive to do better next week.

My morning heart rates have remained low, 40-44 bpm. I'm pretty happy that I managed 7-8 hours throughout the week AND slept 10 hours yesterday! I'm also taking short naps (approximately 20 minutes) after my Long Run and Medium Long Run.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Medium-Long Run, 15 miles.
Monday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Tuesday: Doubles, AM: Recovery Run, 7 miles. Later AM: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Long Run, 20 miles.
Thursday: Doubles, AM: Recovery Run, 7 miles. Later AM: General Aerobic Run, 8 miles.
Friday: Medium-Long Run + MP Tempo, 12 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run,
Total Weekly Miles: 96 miles.

No comments: