Daily Quote: "It's rude to count people as you pass them. Out loud."
-Adidas ad
Normally today would be a speed workout, but since I'm still in Recovery Week I'll do a slow General Aerobic Run instead.
General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:29. Overall Pace, 8:54 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 9:30 a.m., Sunny 57-61 degrees. Winds SW @ 5mph. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac Drift 150 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) I felt very lazy today, after my run spent an hour on the computer than took an hour nap before work. I always feel guilty when I don't do any speed work for the week, although I know I need the recovery.
Played with the Gamin Forerunner trying to fix the darn thing as it still refuses to recharge. When I press the watch against the charging stand it'll momentarily start charging, but as soon as I stop the pressure it stops charging! Obviously something wrong with the connection between watch and charging stand. I'll try and work on the Garmin again tomorrow, I might have to bite the bullet and purchase the newer model.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My Garmin 101 has replaceable AAA batteries, so I'm not familiar with the connection between the watch and the charger. Try cleaning the contacts with tooth paste, followed by a damp towel, followed by a dry towel. If the contacts have springs, check that the springs are working.
Question: If you keep pressure on the watch, will the battery take and hold a charge? As a test, maybe you can put a book on the watch to keep the contacts working for the charge.
Howdy Allen!
I tried using a heavy, strong, rubber band to tie the stand and watch together, which didn't work.
A book would be a good idea if the watch wasn't designed to be slanted for satellite reception. I did wash it with a wet towel, and then quickly dried the contacts so they wouldn't corrode. Didn't think of using toothpaste, will try that tonight!
Oh well, I've always wanted to own the fancier Garmin 305...now I have an excuse!! Thanks for your ideas.
Post a Comment