Daily Quote: "Listen to your body. Do not be a blind and deaf tenant."
--Dr. George Sheehan
I received an email from the New Las Vegas Marathon organization with additional information about the course:
--The cast of "Spamalot will have a themed water station at Mile 2.
--Elvis will be keeping runners posted at each mile, marked by 8 foot signs!
--Blue Man Group will perform live at a secret location on the course.
--Emerald Nuts will host snack stations in the last five miles.
--Cirque du Soleil All Star Band will have a live performance at the finish line and all women will receive a rose from FTD!
New technology at the New Las Vegas Marathon too, some sort of disposable timing chip technology that's attached to the race bib...what will they think of next???
Today is a Recovery Run.
7 miles. Time, 1:06. Overall Pace, 9:25 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines (partly traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon route.) 10:00 a.m. Sunny, 63-66 degrees with no wind. Average heart rate: 145 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 150 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) The weather was perfect and felt very relaxed and contented throughout the run. How I LOVE running!!
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF OCTOBER 28 - NOVEMBER 3, 2007
FOUR more weeks until "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon!" Last week was the fourth week of a 4-week training block (I will increase my mileage each week during the first three weeks and use the fourth week for recovery). My total mileage was 72 miles for this last Recovery Week and feel well rested for the next four weeks training before the marathon. I'm planning on tapering for only two weeks, therefore my next two weeks will be high mileage.
I gained one pound during last week's reduced mileage and I'm currently 168 pounds on a six foot frame. I should be lighter, but not stressing too much about it as I'm now the same exact weight as last year's marathon and did very well.
I accomplished THREE weight circuit sessions last week! Reduced mileage does give me more time for other activities too, such as eating and sleeping!!
My morning heart rates have remained low, 39-43 bpm. Every night I managed 7-8 hours of sound sleep! I even was able to take a long nap after my Long Run.
The last 4 week training block:
Week 41: 92 miles.
Week 42: 92 miles. (repeated last week's mileage as body felt overtrained.
Week 43: 94 miles. (my longest weekly mileage ever!!)
Week 44: 72 Miles. (Recovery Week)
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Monday: Medium Long Run, 13 miles.
Tuesday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Long Run, 18 miles.
Thursday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Friday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Saturday: Recovery Run, 7 miles.
Total Weekly Mileage: 72 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I had one of those disposable chip/bibs at Wineglass last year. Cool. Didn't have to bend down to get rid of the chip at the end.
Howdy Running Deb! It's nice to hear that those new disposable chips on bibs have been tested elsewhere!! Hope all the bugs are out.
Post a Comment