Daily Quote: "Marathon week is all easy recovery with the exception of Wednesday. Wednesday is a dress rehearsal for the marathon. Wear the shoes, socks, shorts, and so on that you'll wear in the marathon. This is your last chance to check that everything is right for the race." --Pfitzinger/Douglas, "Advanced Marathoning," pp 79-80.
Today is my dress rehearsal! I'll be wearing my usual racing shoes, the lightweight trainers, "ASICS GEL-DS Trainer," and I'm a little concerned the shoes are too lightweight since I'm now 171 pounds. My marathon socks are GIZMO Coolmax socks that will keep my feet nice and dry. My favorite racing shorts are the longer NIKE shorts that have front pockets for my "Sport Beans." I'll also be wearing a black NIKE singlet and during the early miles a throwaway blue turtleneck sweater.
Dress Rehearsal.
7 miles. Time, 59 minutes. Overall pace, 8:25 minute miles. 9:30 a.m. Out and back on southbound Torrey Pines Road that partially covers the marathon course. The last three miles at marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles. 47 degrees, Partly cloudy, Winds north 10 to 15 mph. Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 163 bpm. (note: average heart rate is 191 bpm.) My left ankle is a little sore, but should be o.k. during the race as the rest of the week is very easy with plenty of time of pampering my body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment