Thursday, November 29, 2007

Recover & Relax

Daily Quote: "Channel your energy. Focus." --Carl Lewis

Only two more days until "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon" and it's getting tough to stay relaxed and positive. I'm as prepared as I'll ever be, will strive to be as rested and fit once I reach that starting line. Tomorrow I'll be picking up my race packet at Mandalay Bay around 11:00 a.m. and have fun exploring the race's Expo!

Today is a short and easy Recovery Run.
5 miles. Time, 48 minutes. Overall Pace, 9:36 minute miles. Out and back to Lanning. 9:00 a.m. Partly Cloudy, 48 degrees, south wind around 10 mph. Average heart rate: 144 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 148 bpm. (note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) I felt very antsy during run, wanted to pick up pace, but kept reigning myself back to an easy recovery pace. Body feels very strong and ready!!

Current extended weather forecast for this Sunday: Sunny & Clear, high of 58 with an overnight low of 42! Sounds perfect, but nothing in the paper mentions the forecast for wind.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

It's going to be a nice Bruce!

Weather channel.com says Saturday is suppose to be windy...12-16mph...but Sunday only about 3 mph. Should be a great day for a race.

Have a great race!
Charlie

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hey there!
Good luck. You've been so diligent in your training, running twice a day! You're amazing, and you deserve a great race.
Can't wait to hear ALL about it!

Tiger

Allen said...

As Annie sang,

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!

You'll do well, Bruce!