Sunday, November 25, 2007

SUMMARY, WEEK 47

Daily Quote: "I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart." -- Mike Fanelli

Busy weekend!! Yesterday helped Lisa move her belongings, about a dozen large boxes, from our garage to her home. THEN, ran an easy 13 miler to complete my last Medium Long Run before the "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon."

This morning was a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 57 minutes. Overall pace, 9:30 minute miles. Out and back on Lanning Road. 8:30 a.m. Partly Cloudy, 48 degrees, light wind. Average heart rate: 140 bpm. Cardiac drift: 148 bpm. My left ankle is still sore from yesterday's run and a little concerned, but with tender loving care and this upcoming easy taper week, I should be o.k.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF NOVEMBER 18-24, 2007

One more week until the "2007 Las Vegas Marathon!" Last week was a marathon taper week and ran a total of 53 miles. I need to totally focus on getting more recovery and rest on this upcoming week before the marathon.

I'm currently 171 pounds on a six foot frame and have gained two pounds since last week, undoubtedly due to my Thanksgiving feasting. I'm now three pounds heavier than my marathon race weight of last year. It would be unwise to strive to lose weight during the last week of tapering, but crazier if I continue to gain weight, therefore my goal is not to gain anymore weight this week.

I did accomplish three weight circuit sessions last week, but during the last week before the marathon I'm planning on not doing any weights as to totally recover.

My morning heart rates have continued to be low, 39-43 bpm. I was able to sleep 7-8 hours every night!

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Monday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Tuesday: General Aerobic Run + Speed, 8 miles.
Wednesday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Thursday: Intervals, 8 miles.
Friday: Recovery Run, 6 miles.
Saturday: Medium Long Run, 13 miles.
Total weekly mileage: 53 miles.

No comments: