Monday, November 5, 2007

The Switcheroo

Daily Quote: "Other people may not have high expectations of me, but I have high expectations for myself." -- Shannon Miller

Normally I would run a Medium Long Run today and yesterday would have been a General Aerobic Run....but, decided to run a Medium Long Run yesterday as this would give me two relatively easy days before Wednesday's Long Run. Last week's Long Run I was slower and more sore than normal, I'm hoping this small switcheroo will give me a stronger Long Run and less chance of injury. I only have two 20+ Long Runs left before I start my taper.

Early AM (2:15 a.m.): Warm up, 10 minutes on stationary cycle. Weight circuit training. Cool down, 10 minutes on elliptical. I'm not sure what I'll do about my weight training during the upcoming marathon taper...maybe the week before the marathon not do any weights as to be totally rested and recovered?!?

Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:29. Overall Pace, 8:54 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 9:00 a.m., Sunny 63-66 degrees. Winds SW @ 5 mph. Average heart rate: 140 bpm. Cardiac Drift 156 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) Last two miles at marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles. Body feel strong and fit, could have ran faster, but striving to stay within the heart rate perimeters for a General Aerobic Run.

Called several sport stores and running stores today, they don't carry the Garmin Forerunner lines as they can't compete with online prices. One running shoe store owner recommended I contact Walmart.com as they have prices that nobody can compete against. Unfortunately, I prefer not to purchase anything from Walmart due to their unfair labor practices.

No comments: