Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Feast!

Daily Quote: "Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence." --Erma Bombeck

Decided to run HARD before our Thanksgiving Feast at the Sun Coast Buffet at 11:30 a.m.

Intervals.
8 miles. Time, 1:08. Overall Pace: 8:30 minutes. Life Fitness Treadmill set at 1% Grade. Warm up: 2 miles at 6.3 mph (9:31 minute miles). Intervals: 3 x 1 mile @ 8.5 mph (7:04 minute miles). Jog Intervals: 1/2 mile @ 6.3 mph. Cool Down: 2 miles at 6.3 mph. Average heart rate: 155 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 177 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) I'm a little surprised my cardiac drift was so low, normally my heart rate would be in the mid 180's during this drill! Maybe I'm getting stronger?

We had Thanksgiving at 11:30 a.m. as I had to drive the cab later for my normal 12 hours shift at 2:00 p.m. Suzie (wife), Lisa (step-daughter) and Bob (Lisa's new friend) and myself were feasting at the Sun Coast Buffet, and as usual ate too much food! I KNOW my weight is going to be high for my weekly summary report. Oh well, I could consider this feast as early carbo loading for my upcoming marathon on December 2nd?!?

1 comment:

Allen said...

One nice thing about being an active runner is that you can afford occasional splurges of overeating. It's when the occasional splurges become frequent splurges that you get into trouble.