Daily Quote: "Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance." --Bruce Barton
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:28. Overall Pace, 8.48 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 10:00 a.m., Partly cloudy, 62-66 degrees. Winds 16 mph, with 25 mph gusts!! Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac Drift 159 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) My heart rate is higher than last week's 10 mile general aerobic run as I was fighting fierce winds this morning, oh well, I'll be better prepared for the next marathon when the winds can be very strong.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 23-29, 2007
Nine more weeks until the "2007 New Las Vegas Marathon!" Last week ran a total of 90 miles, which is the highest weekly mileage I've ever achieved!! I have no idea what my mileage peak will be as I'm in undiscovered territory, plus I only have so much available time, I'll just do the best that I can and listen closely to my body signs. I'm due for a Recovery Week next week, and I'm looking forward to the rest, not only does my body need recovery, but my mind needs the break too.
I have lost a pound and I'm currently 167 pounds on a six foot frame...this is my lightest weight since I was in my early 20's!! Last year's weight during the "2006 Las Vegas Marathon" was 169 pounds. I would like to reach a race weight of <162 pounds this December.
I only accomplished two weight circuit training sessions last week as I was transferring my treadmill runs to the roads and didn't want to lift weights on Wednesday before a Long Run on the roads. I'll strive to return to three weight circuit training sessions next week.
My morning heart rates were lower last week, 39-41 bpm, undoubtedly due to forcing myself to get more sleep, I managed to get enough sleep and rest every day last week.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Monday: Medium Long run, 15 miles.
Tuesday: Doubles. Early AM, 6 miles. Later AM, 7 miles.
Wednesday: Long Run, 18 miles.
Thursday: Doubles. Early AM, 6 miles. Later AM, 7 miles.
Friday: Medium Long Run + Marathon Pace, 11 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Total Mileage: 90 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment