Daily Quote: "In the '70's, I was a school teacher and trained at 5AM and 5PM. During wintertime, I never saw the sun." --Tom Fleming (one of the all time great American runners. Won the New York Marathon twice, took second at Boston two times.)
Several weeks ago I thought I had hit my mileage ceiling as I couldn't find the time to run anymore miles, working 12-hours and maintaining the usual life chores and errands were taking its toll. THEN, I started weening myself off the treadmill and returning to running on the roads and inadvertently found more time, I'm saving 25-30 minutes per day by not having to travel to the gym's treadmill and redressing!
It's so easy to leave my front door and just start running my favorite out & back routes. Also, I find I don't need to do as much washing of running clothes, plus towels. I can run at least three days wearing the same outfit, which might be a little smelly, but who will notice?
Early AM (after work and before bedtime): Warm up, 10 minutes on stationary cycle. Weight circuit training. Cool down, 10 minutes on elliptical. Forgot to place gym bag in my car's trunk yesterday, therefore I just worked out in my work clothes.
Today is a Medium Long Run.
15 miles. Time, 2:16. Overall Pace, 9:04 minute miles. Out and back from home to Craig Road that covers five miles of the northern section "New Las Vegas Marathon" course. 7:30 a.m. Sunny, 67-73 degrees, Wind SW at 12 mph. Fall temperatures have finally arrived to Las Vegas!! Average heart rate: 150 bpm. Cardiac drift: 165 bpm. Last three miles were at goal marathon pace (8:00 minute miles). Left ankle complained a little during the downhill from the US 95 overpass and immediately after my run iced the ankle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment