Friday, September 7, 2007

Registered for 2008 Boston Marathon

Daily Quote: "Marathon running is a terrible experience: monotonous, heavy, and exhausting." --Veikko Karvonen, 1954 European and Boston Marathon Champ

Today I registered for the 2008 Boston Marathon! I still find it unbelievable that I'll be running this race!! Registering adds a bit of reality to my upcoming dream goal.

Today is a Long Run.
20 miles. Time, 3:02. Pace, 9:08 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade and 6.6 mph. Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac Drift 154 bpm. I didn't drink any Gatorade during my run, but did drink a large 32 ounce bottle of water...striving to cut down on calories. My run went very well as I was daydreaming of Boston Marathon glories! My ankles feel fine today, no aches nor pain, therefore next week I'll be adding two miles at marathon pace (8:00 minute miles) to the end of my Long Run.

I'm tired and it's hard to leave for work as Fridays are very busy for cabbies and I'll be driving non-stop for 12-hours. I don't even have time for a short nap before work.

No comments: