Monday, September 10, 2007

Medium Long Run + Speed

Daily Quote: "If you feel like eating, eat. Let your body tell you what it wants." -- Joan Benoit Samuelson

Today is a Medium Long Run + Speed.
16 Miles. Time 2:24. Overall Pace, 9:00 minute miles. Life Fitness Treadmill set at a 1% grade. First 14 miles at 6.6 mph and the last two miles was at marathon pace, 7.5 mph (8:00 minute per mile pace.) Average heart rate: 154 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 178 bpm. Cardiac drift was higher due to the last two miles being at marathon pace. Will add another mile of marathon pace to my Medium Long Run next week.

Once I finished my run had to rush to work wearing my training shoes, which is very rare for me to do! I'll need to pack my work shoes in the trunk in case I run out of time. I'm really cutting corners to finish my workout goals.

No comments: