Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Morphing Tempo Run

Daily quote: "A change of pace in terms of your running pace will give you strength psychologically." --Bill Rodgers

Early AM, after work and before bedtime: Warm up, 10 minutes on stationary cycle. Weight circuit training. Cool down, 10 minutes on elliptical. Body felt drained after workout, even driving home felt like a challenge...sometimes I wish I own a home gym!

Today is a Tempo Run. I'm gradually adding one mile per week to my Tempo Run and it'll eventually morph into a Medium Long Run at marathon pace.

Later AM, after sleeping seven hours: Tempo Run. 10 miles. Time, 1:26. Overall Pace, 8:36. Life Fitness Treadmill. Warm up: 2 miles @ 6.3 mph & 1% grade. Tempo: 6 miles @ 7.5 mph (marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles.) & 2% grade. Cool down: 2 miles @ 6.3 mph & 1% grade. Average heart rate: 146 bpm. Cardiac drift: 167 bpm. My effort was relatively hard today, how am I going to run 8:00 minute pace for 26.2 miles when the pace feels so difficult with only 6 miles at marathon pace??? I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew.

No comments: