Daily Quote: "You can train yourself into the ground, but if you don't back off and give your body (and mind and spirit) time to recover from the workouts, the "training effect" never has a chance to kick in and the workouts are noting more than self-flagellation." --Rich Benyo
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:29. Overall Pace, 8.54 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 8:00 a.m., Sunny 78-82 degrees. Average heart rate: 148 bpm. Cardiac Drift 156 bpm. Same course as last week, but ran two minutes faster, probably due to the temperatures being much cooler than 90 degrees. Cold symptoms are gone! I feel strong and ready for next week's marathon training!!
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 9-15, 2007
Just 11 more weeks until the New Las Vegas Marathon! Last week I ran a total of 89 miles, which is the highest weekly mileage I've ever ran!! It wasn't easy as I was suffering from cold symptoms during the middle of the week, but somehow persevered and continued running. I'm slowly weening myself off the treadmill, and will eliminate another day of treadmill running next week, hopefully the temperatures will continue to get cooler.
I lost TWO pounds last week, not surprising considering my current mileage. I'm now 168 pounds on a six foot frame! I hope to reach my race weight of 162 pounds before the marathon.
I only did two weight circuit training sessions last week due to my cold as I felt very weak and tired, but will return to doing three sessions next week. I didn't wear my weight lifting glove, and didn't miss it.
My morning heart rates were high in the middle of the week, 50-54 bpm, due to my cold, but have returned to a low 41 bpm today. I still need to focus on getting more sleep as I've been placing too much emphasis on mileage and not on recovery and rest. I must find more time to rest or I'll just burn myself out, become overtrained, or worse, get injured.
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles (roads).
Monday: Medium Long Run, 16 miles (treadmill).
Tuesday: Early AM: Easy Run 6 miles. Later AM: Recovery Run 7 miles.
Wednesday: Tempo Run, 9 miles (treadmill)
Thursday: Early AM: Easy Run 6 miles. Later AM: Recovery 7 miles.
Friday: Long Run: 18 miles (treadmill).
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles (roads).
Total Mileage: 89 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am running my first NY marathon. I have a cold after running 14 miles. I need to prepare for longer mileage; what supplements should I use? other reommendations woudl be appreciated
thank you
Post a Comment