Saturday, September 8, 2007

SUMMARY, WEEK 36

Daily Quote: "The things we do should consume us. If they don't, our lives won't have any meaning." --John J. Kelley, 1957 Boston Marathon champion

Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:31. Overall Pace, 9.7 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 8:00 a.m., Sunny 88-91 degrees. Average heart rate: 147 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 155 bpm. My intention was to run an easy 7 miles from Lanning Road, but was feeling so well and enjoying the run so much that I didn't turn back until I reached Brittney Mews. Unfortunately only brought one bottle of water that was wholly insufficient and suffered the last two miles home. No aches nor pain, but did get a nice burn on the tip of my nose.

SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 2 - 8, 2007

Finished first week of marathon training, only 12 weeks until the "New Las Vegas Marathon!" Ran a total of 81 miles which included a Long Run of 20 miles. Started the transition from treadmill to roads, some of my Recovery Runs and General Aerobic Runs have been done on the roads, I'll gradually increase more runs on the roads next week. I've been adding a few marathon pace miles to my training and will gradually add more MP miles next week. I did have a slight scare during the middle of last week as my ankles were sore, but appears to be o.k. for now, will baby the ankles this coming week with ice and ibuprofen.

I lost one pound last week, I've returned to 170 pounds on a six foot frame. My body seems happy to be at this weight, but wish to reach my race weight of 162 pounds for the marathon. I must keep a close eye on my diet, although I need the calories to fuel my runs, must not getting carried away during the weekends and binge.

I'm still consistent with my circuit weight training and continued to lift weights three times during the week and have added wrist training exercises too. I will cease wearing my wrist glove this coming week.

My morning heart rates have remained fairly low, 39-42 bpm, although my sleeping patterns have been erratic. Some nights I'll sleep six hours and other nights I would sleep my normal eight hours...I've been sacrificing my sleep as to accomplish my goals, forgetting that sleep is a part of recovery and IS one of my goals. Something has to give, I just don't have the time to do everything that needs to be done. I may have to adjust my schedule to do longer runs on the weekend, which I've been avoiding for marital harmony.

A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: Doubles, Early AM: Easy 6 miles (roads) Later PM: Recovery Run 5 miles. (treadmill)
Monday: Medium Long Run + Speed, 15 miles (treadmill).
Tuesday: Doubles, Early AM: Recovery Run, 6 miles (roads). Later AM: Recovery Run, 5 miles (treadmill)
Wednesday: Tempo Run, 8 miles (treadmill)
Thursday: Recovery Run, 6 miles (roads)
Friday: Long Run, 20 miles (treadmill)
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles (roads)
Total Mileage: 81 miles

No comments: