Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Need New Shoes Soon

Daily Quote: ""Runners like to train 100 miles per week because it's a round number. But I think 88 is a lot rounder." --Don Kardong

I'll need to replace my "Brooks Adrenaline #6" running shoes soon as I have 424 miles on them; I've been rotating them with "New Balance 845" running shoes that have 320 miles on them. I have flat feet and need stability shoes and/or motion control shoes as to correct my over-pronation.

Today is "doubles," when I run twice in one day.

Early AM, after work and before bedtime. Easy Run. Time, 58 minutes. Overall Pace, 9:40 minute miles. 2:15 a.m. Out and back on Lanning Route. Dark and clear skies, 66 degrees with 10 mph winds. Average heart rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac drift. 148 bpm. I couldn't ask for better running weather! Long night at work, running does help me relax.

Later AM, after sleeping eight hours. Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:04. Overall Pace, 9:00 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines (partly traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon route.) 68 degrees, Clear and sunny skies with 8 mph wind. Another beautiful day!!

I'm well rested and look forward to tomorrow's Long Run, which will be my first Long Run on the roads! I'm contemplating running tomorrow north on Torrey Pines Road, east on Smoke Ranch Road, return back south passing my home and continue another four miles before returning home again, which will be a total of 18 miles. My pace tomorrow will be determined on how my legs feel running long on the roads.

No comments: