Daily Quote: "...it takes physical toughness to create mental toughness...You and I understand that you've got to get up and go do a job every day. You are accountable to that job. If you don't do it, you get fired. Well, young people haven't faced that accountability, and so it's our job as coaches to put that pressure on them so they understand their responsibilities...to understand what their assignments are so that we can win...." --Ernie Kent, Coach of UO Men's Basketball Team
I normally run North on Torrey Pines as the route has less traffic and covers partially the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route. My route today is running South on Torrey Pines Avenue and then East on Twain Avenue, which traverses the "New Las Vegas Marathon" route too. I don't usually run this route as it crosses three major treacherous intersections, Charleston Ave, Sahara Avenue, and Spring Mountain Road. I've often had to dodge a lot of traffic too and had many close misses. Nevertheless, it was fun to run the southern part of the marathon route and was a nice change.
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:28. Overall Pace, 8.48 minute miles. Out and back from home to Twain Ave. 9:00 a.m., Sunny, 61-63 degrees. Winds 7 mph. Average heart rate: 146 bpm. Cardiac Drift 154 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) The last mile was ran at marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles. No aches nor pain, even my left ankle didn't do any complaining!
The weather today was simply gorgeous and wanted to run even farther as I had abundant energy.
Our team, "One Wonders" won only one game. I have a new bowling average of 149 and was able to surpass my average all three games...my last game I bowled a 195!! I fear I just set the bar higher on myself and next week my bowling average will go even higher. I have a tendency to offer unwanted bowling advice and motivational comments to my bowling partners as I'm so competitive and want to WIN, must remember they may not be as competitive and to keep my comments to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment