Daily Quote: "There are people who have no bodies, only heads. And many athletes have no heads, only bodies. A champion is a man who has trained his body and his mind, who has learned to conquer pain for his own purposes. A great athlete is at peace with himself and at peace with the world; he has fulfilled himself. He envies nobody. Wars are caused by people who have not fulfilled themselves." -- Coach Sam Dee The Olympian
Today is a General Aerobic Run.
10 miles. Time, 1:28. Overall Pace, 8.48 minute miles. Out and back from home to Brittney Mews. 8:00 a.m., Partly cloudy, 69-72 degrees. Winds 12 mph, with 20 mph gusts. Average heart rate: 147 bpm. Cardiac Drift 155 bpm. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm.) The air is cool and breezy due to last night's thunderstorm and had to run around debris from trees and shrubs that litter the road. I felt relaxed and at peace.
SUMMARY FOR WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 16 - 20, 2007
Only 10 more weeks until the "New Las Vegas Marathon!" Last week I again ran a total of 89 miles, but not the exact same workouts. Next week, with the exception of speed work, all my runs will be on the roads, which I'm looking forward as the treadmill has me bored to tears. I'm very pleased with my progress so far and I'm way ahead of last year's marathon training at this time!
I have maintained my weight of 168 pounds on a six foot frame and am surprised I didn't lose anymore weight as I've been working hard, I must be eating too many extra calories. I'll strive to keep my diet in check, but still maintain enough calories to fuel my workouts.
I did accomplish doing three weight circuit training sessions last week, which is becoming more of a challenge as I will no longer be running on the gym's treadmills with the exception of my one weekly Tempo Run, therefore I need to make a special trip to the gym just for weight training. I'll have to do my weight training immediately after work and on the way home.
My morning heart rates were lower last week, 40- 41 bpm, as I'm now fully recovered from my cold. I also succeeded on getting enough rest and sleep every day last week!
A short recap of last week's mileage:
Sunday: General Aerobic Run, 9 miles.
Monday: Medium Long Run, 14 miles.
Tuesday: Doubles: AM, Easy 6 miles. Later AM: Recovery 7 miles.
Wednesday: Tempo Run, 10 miles.
Thursday: Doubles: AM, Easy 6 miles. Later AM: Recovery 7 miles.
Friday: Long Run, 20 miles.
Saturday: General Aerobic Run, 10 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment