Daily Quote: "I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!" --Sasha Azevedo, Runner Athlete
Today is my first Long Run on the roads for this fall season! I ran only 18 miles at a very conservative pace as to be assured my body has adjusted to the roads from my shorter road runs. The only problem I had was I put suntan lotion everywhere except the back of my neck...I'm now truly a redneck! My transition from the treadmill to the roads is now complete.
I've decided to schedule my Long Run for Wednesdays as it's my slowest work day...very difficult to work on busy Fridays for 12 hours after a Long Run as I'm totally exhausted.
Long Run.
18 miles. Time, 2:55. Overall pace, 9:43 minute miles. 10:00 a.m., Sunny, 70-82 degrees, wind SW at 11 mph. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 166 bpm. I awoke after sleeping eight hours, but started my run too late, should run earlier when it's cooler. Brought only one bottle of water and was very parched by the time I returned home. Must wear 48 oz CamelBak for Long Runs. No aches nor pain. Next week I'll increase both distance and speed for the Long Run.
I didn't go to the gym after work this morning for circuit weight training as I was saving my energy for the first Long Run on the roads, instead of weight training I went to bed early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment