Daily Quote: "Who runs in circles never gets far." --Thornton W. Burgess, Bowser the Hound
Today is "doubles" when I run twice in one day.
Early AM. After work and before bedtime: Recovery Run. 6 miles. Time, 58 minutes. Overall Pace, 9:40 minute miles. 2:15 a.m. Out and back on Lanning Route. Dark and clear night, 68 degrees with no wind. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 191 bpm) Average heart rate: 140 bpm. Cardiac drift. 144 bpm. My run felt so much easier due to the cooler weather!
Later AM. After sleeping eight hours. Recovery Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:03. Overall Pace, 9:00 minute miles. Out and back on Torrey Pines (partly traverses the New Las Vegas Marathon route.) 73 degrees, Sunny skies with 5 mph wind. Average heart rate: 142 bpm. Cardiac drift, 148 bpm. I'm not as thristy when it's cooler, but still drank one bottle during the run anyway.
I feel well rested and ready for my tempo/medium long run tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment