Daily Quote: "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'" -- Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian and Sub-2:12 marathoner
I did not do "Doubles" today, where I run two workouts in one day; as yesterday my ankles were sore, therefore I'm taking the precaution of just one, short Recovery Run this early morning.
After work I drove to Bunker Park for my Recovery Run. Bunker Park is two miles from home that's adjacent to a 1/2 mile, flat, concrete driveway loop around a water reservoir. I've ran many 5k races around this water reservoir in the past and felt the flat surface would give my ankles a break, yet still be on a surface duplicating the "New Las Vegas Marathon" course.
Today is a Recovery Run.
6 miles. Time, 58 minutes. Overall Pace, 9:40 minute miles. 2:15 a.m.!! Dark and cloudy skies, 88 degrees with no wind. Average heart rate: 141 bpm. Cardiac drift. 146 bpm. I didn't feel any aches nor pain during or after the run, therefore tomorrow will return to the Long Run.
Needless to say, I was very tired after driving a cab for 12 hours and then running for six miles, but my only alternative is the treadmill when I awake as the temperature outside would be over 100 degrees. September the temperatures in Las Vegas are suppose to be cooling...hasn't happened yet, but the forecast for this weekend is a high of 99 degrees, we're getting cooler!
Later, after sleeping 8 1/2 hours went to 24-Hour Fitness Club and did a whole body weight circuit training. Warm up with 10 minutes on the treadmill and Cool down with 15 minutes on the elliptical machine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment