Friday, September 28, 2007

Increased Marathon Pace Mileage

Daily Quote: "A good hill definitely levels the playing field for a lot of runners, which means more of us not only will run closer together, but we will get a quality workout that would not be the same otherwise."The Rage on Beating Your Buddies."

Early AM, after work and before bedtime: Warm up, 10 minutes on stationary cycle. Weight circuit training. I skipped my 10 minute cool down on the elliptical, I was just too tired.

Today I'll be increasing my Tempo Run to 7 miles, I'm now running the tempo within a Medium Long Run distance.

Later AM, after eight hours of sleep: Medium Long Run + Marathon Pace.
11 miles. Time, 1:34 . Overall Pace, 8:32. Life Fitness Treadmill. Warm up: 2 miles @ 6.3 mph & 1% grade. Tempo: 7 miles @ 7.5 mph (marathon pace of 8:00 minute miles.) & 2% grade. Cool down: 2 miles @ 6.3 mph & 1% grade. (Note: my maximum heart rate is 192 bpm) Average heart rate: 157 bpm. Cardiac drift: 175 bpm. Left ankle is a little sore.

My heart rate is too high for today's workout. Next week I won't increase my mileage nor pace for the Tempo Run, but will continue the exact same workout until my heart rate lowers to the appropriate zone.

No comments: