Daily Quote: "How do UV rays cause damage? One way is through connective-tissue breakdown. UV radiation causes the structural protein of our skin, collagen, to break down and disables our ability to repair damage. Another way sun ages our skin is through the formation of free radicals --those aggressive charged compounds that damage cells and break down collagen as well. Free radicals can cause cancer by changing our DNA and preventing our body from repairing it." from the book, "You Staying Young: the Owners Manual for Extending Your Warranty," by Dr. Roizen and Dr. Oz
Today I wore a new suntan lotion that was recommended by mom2beccaNallie, called "Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55," which doesn't leak into my eyes!! The product is wonderful, has an ultra light clean feel and stayed on during my entire seven mile run today! My eyes are now clear and sting free. Thanks Joanne!!!
10:30 a.m. Today is a General Aerobic Run. 7 miles. Time, 1:04. Out and back on Lindell Road that parallels the "Zappos Las Vegas Marathon" route. Average Pace, 9:11 minute miles. Sunny, 78-80 degrees, Wind north at 4 mph. Average heart rate: 149 bpm. Cardiac drift: 157 bpm. My heart rate undoubted drifted higher from the hill at Spring Mountain Road, plus the heat was another factor as well. No aches nor pain, but my toenails were hinting that they needed to be trimmed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You're welcome! Glad you were able to find it and it helped:)
SPF 55, wow, that is big! Did the lotion affect your sweating at all? Hopefully not since you need to sweat to help keep your body cool.
Howdy Allen! The desert here keeps me pretty dry and rarely have a wet sweat therefore my body doesn't have much cooling from sweat anyway. The lotion doesn't appear to effect my running, but I'll be sure to drink extra fluids during the run.
Bruce, I really worry about you sometimes. That sounds like a good womens product!
I wear a hat and just don't put sunscreen on my forehead. Works wonders.
Howdy Joe! I also wear a cap, but find that my nose gets burnt anyways, might be due to the intense Las Vegas sun bouncing off the concrete/pavement. When it comes to skin cancer, I don't mind using a "good women's product," LOL!
Post a Comment