Daily Quote: "Some marathoners believe that exercising 'on empty' --for example, running first thing in the morning before breakfast--helps them to burn more fat. While this may be true, keep in mind that BURNING fat does not equate losing body fat. To lose body fat, you need to have crated a calorie DEFICIT for the whole day (not just during workouts). People who exercise on empty lack the fuel they need to sustain long, strong workouts. Hence, they burn fewer calories than someone who is properly fueled before exercise. They also experience extreme hunger later on and often get derailed by the Cookie Monster. --from the excellent book, "Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners."
I had planned to run nine miles today, but decided to keep the home front happy and spend the day with the wife, she needs more quality time, besides, the temperature today will hit double digits for the first time this year...104 degrees Fahrenheit!! I'll run the nine miler tomorrow morning when the wife is working. In the future I'll have my longer runs during the weekday mornings. We'll be seeing the movie, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," which should be fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Gotta' keep the wife happy! That's rule number 1 for me when it comes to running. If wife's not happy, there goes my long run on the weekend! :)
You just ran Boston, you should be resting Bruce!
-Joe
Howdy Joe! Yup, so true, so true, gotta' keep the wife happy!! She does feel neglected when I run on the weekends...need to keep those runs short and sweet, preferably before she awakes.
I ran the Boston Marathon over three weeks ago, (about the last time you posted something in your blog) I'm now starting to rebuild my base.
Post a Comment