Daily Quote: On marathon recovery: "I do believe active recovery tends to bring people around a bit quicker than by literally not doing anything. Even if it's an easy 25- to 30- minute stationary bike ride, going for a swim, jogging 20 minutes on grass or going for a short hike, just doing something to move your legs, elevate your heart rate a little bit into your aerobic zone, I think is a good thing. It's much better than just sitting on the couch, because that take a little longer to get the junk out." --Pete Rea, Head coach at the ZAP Fitness post-collegiate training facility in Blowing Rock, NC.
Today is no running nor cross-training, unless you consider bowling a cross-training activity! Our team, "One Wonders" practiced bowling at the Gold Coast Bowling Center. I did o.k., bowled a 139, 173 and a 176. Mary Ely did fantastic bowling her highest game to date...a 205, which she accomplished with SIX STRIKES IN A ROW!!!
Later at night Suzie and I watched the new movie, "Iron Man," which we enjoyed very much...not your typical action movie as it actually has a well thought plot, funny lines, with great actors!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment