Friday, May 30, 2008

TGIF!!

Daily Quote:
"The best conditioned athlete is a long distance runner".-
John Thompson of the Georgetown Hoyas

2:15 a.m. (after work) Cross-training: Warm-up, 10 minutes on elliptical. 35 minutes weight circuit training, Cool-down: 10 minutes on upright stationary cycle. Extremely tired, went home and immediately hit the sack.

9:30 a.m. (after six hours of sleep) Recovery Run. 5 miles. Time, 49 minutes (9:48 minute miles) Out and back on Lindell. Sunny, 80 degrees, wind SW at 10 mph. Average Heart Rate: 143 bpm. Cardiac Drift: 150 bpm. I didn't notice too much of my first two miles as I was so tired that I was sleep-running...once I woke up I noticed how beautiful the day.

Researched ultra runs on the Internet and then took an hour nap before work. Discovered that the "Labor of Love 50K Race" next April is only nine miles of trail with the rest of the race being ran on pavement...the trail portion should be easy to prepare in training.

Thank goodness it's Friday, all I need is to survive 12-hours driving a cab in Vegas' notorious traffic and I can start my weekend!!!

No comments: