Daily Quote: "On a grass field, walk 10 to 20 steps on only your toes, rest, then walk 10 to 20 steps on only your heels. Do two sets. This strengthens foot and ankle muscles." --Shalane Flanagan, 2008 U.S. Cross-country Champion
Yesterday's paper, "The Las Vegas Review Journal" had an interesting front page item called, "Future of Race, LV Marathon Running in Debt: Vendor's of '07 Event Awaiting Payments." In a nutshell, the article states: "Devine Racing is in arrears to at least a dozen vendors for the 2007 race, and the company still has not made good on commitments to several vendors from 2006. If Devine cannot meet the commitments, the failure could affect the company's ability to get permits for the 2008 race, set for Dec. 7."
My Long Range Goal of running the 2008 Las Vegas Marathon and setting a personal marathon record may need to be changed. It's rather sad as I've ran the last eight Las Vegas Marathons and hoped to keep a streak going, hopefully Devine Racing will pay off all the vendors soon.
10:00 a.m. Today is a cross-training day. Warm-up: 10 minutes on the upright stationary cycle. Weight circuit training, 30 minutes. Cool-down: 10 minutes on the elliptical. I need to purchase more CD's for my ancient Sony CD Player soon.
Squeezed in two bowling practice game before work, I bowled a 177 and a 179 (Note my bowling average is 164 pins).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hmmm... Devine also puts on the Salt Lake City marathon. I wonder if that marathon might be in trouble, too, from Devine not paying its bills. Well, Bruce, if the Vegas race is canceled, you can focus 100% on an ultra. The DV ultra is still there, you know...
Howdy Allen! It's not definite whether Devine will lose hte marathon here, they promise to pay off all the creditors in June; I'll have to wait and see.
The Badwater Ultra Marathon is a biggie, the toughest ultra in the world, but my wife doesn't even want me to think about running in Death Valley.
My other long range goal is the "Labor of Love 50k Race" in April, which will be my very first ultra race.
Fingers are crossed that Devine pays it's bills and the LV Marathon goes on as planned, and you PR once again!!!
Howdy! I am keeping my fingers crossed Devine pays it bills as I have a nice streak going in that race! Unfortunately, Las Vegas is quite far from other marathons, the closest would be the St. George Marathon. We pretty much wiped out funds for travelling as Boston was very expensive. As Allen suggested I may have to focus 100% on an Ultra.
Post a Comment