Saturday, May 10, 2008

Added Fifth Day of Running

Daily Quote: "Food should be one of life's pleasures, a fun part of your marathon training program, and a protector of your good health. If you spend too much time thinking about food as being a fattening enemy, I highly recommend you consult a registered dietitian who specializes in sports nutrition and easting disorders (use the referral network at www.eatright.org.)" --from the excellent book, "Nancy Clark's Food Guide for Marathoners."

The last two Saturday's have been Rest Days, but today I've added an Easy Recovery Run as to slowly prepare for my Base Building Period that starts on Monday.

10:00 a.m. Recovery Run. 5 miles. Out and back on Anatoila. Sunny, 80 degrees, winds variable at 9 mph. Didn't wear my heart rate monitor not watch today, kept the pace very slow. Time, approximately 50 minutes. Average pace per mile, about 10 minute miles. Body felt very comfortable at conversational pace, no aches nor pain and I'm prepared to start my Base Building Phase on Monday.

No comments: